Sunday, November 28, 2010

Visitors and surgery

Kira hanging out with Kinley. Ali and Kinley stayed with us the night we got done with surgery. It was fun to have them here. When Trae got home all he wanted to do was lay by Kiney and cuddle with her.
Trae had surgery on Nov 9th and he was a trooper to say the least. We had to be at the hospital at 10am (mind you they wouldn't let him eat anything past midnight so he was starving) to check in and to all the routine stuff to get all ready. The nurse came in and was a very nice but wouldn't really talk to Trae cause he was so young she kept asking me what he knew and I finally told her just talk to him he will ask you questions and tell you what he knows. He says I'm going to go to sleep and then they will cut me open and when I wake up I will be able to eat. So when is the doctor going to be here? He was ready to get this all over with. Every nurse that came in he would ask can we go to surgery I am hungry!
He was very well educated before we got there I have found that if we talk about it a lot he really is the best patient and just does what he is asked and isn't surprised about anything. He gave us a hug and the nurse took him and Woody and Buzz off to surgery and he didn't even cry which made it easier for me to keep it together. It went longer than it was suppose to but he did great and it went good. It took him a little longer to wake up but there were no breathing issues at all so that was a sigh of relief and he was ready to eat when he was awake. He got graham crackers, juice and strawberry ice cream and then he really wanted pancakes so on our way home we stopped at Perkins to get him some. I feel very blessed that it all went well and there were no complications.

My happy boy Dax. He got to stay with my good friend Tara for the day while I was at the hospital and he was in heaven cause Tara could hold him whenever he wanted and he pretty much got all the attention for the day.

I am very blessed to have such good friends around me who are willing to help out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We were so glad that we got to come hang out for like 24 hours :) Trae did awesome! And Kinley loved being able to cuddle with both of them!