Thursday, July 24, 2008

We made it!!!

So as all of you probably know we were in a hurricane yesterday. Fun times! It didn't get bad until later in the afternoon but when it hit the wind was super strong and rain was coming down sideways. The eye if the hurricane was about an hour away from us but we still felt it pretty good. This morning when I woke up I look don the Internet and everyone from Wesleco south had major flooding we only had a little flooding in our dining room area but our streets weren't flooded at all. And the most amazing thing we had power all day and Internet. They did say 150,000 people in Mcallen did not have power so I have no idea how we were so lucky. I don't know what my kids would have done.
Just a quick update for us down here in Texas. We are all well and even tried to go shopping today and the mall itself was closed except for the main stores. Who closes the mall?!

This is outside our front window the tree stayed rooted but was bent all day. Trae just kept saying that it is raining so BAD and we are in a hurricane. But its only a little scary out there. When you walked out the door the wind was so strong. I was amazed and I didn't even go out when it was super bad. Matt had to run to get sand bags from our Bishops house when it was pretty bad him and the boys were wet from head to toe.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah!! I'm glad you guys are okay. I was worried. Love the new background. Super cute!

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear you guys are okay...I was thinking about you all as I was watching the news. You are lucky you didn't have more flooding. Some of our friends down there got hit pretty hard.

The Lovells said...

That is crazy. Its good to hear your okay.

Tate and Sari Hansen said...

I am so glad you are okay. I would have been freaking out!

Larsen Family Updates said...

hello...updates?? How will I keep track of you guys from Utah? hhaha..miss you guys!

The Holt Family said...

Im glad you guys survived that! It was pretty intense! I love that trae got a new bike that is so cute! We miss you guys! I heard you guys are coming to Alli's baptism. I hope you are!

Kylene said...

Oh my heckness! I would be so scared! I am glad you are all safe.

Kylene said...

Yes, I did say heckness. ;)