Monday, April 27, 2009




Rolls:

2 1/4 C. very warm water
2 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
1 yellow or white cake mix
5 C. flour

Mix water and yeast together with a wire whisk in a large bowl. Whisk cake mix into yeast water. Stir in flour one cup at a time. Let stand in bowl in a draft-free place for 45 minutes. Knead enough to punch down and roll to approx. 18" X 10". Add a small amount of flour if needed for kneading.

Filling:
1/2 C. butter or margarine softened
1 C. brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 C. chopped nuts (Optional)
1/4 C. raisins (Optional)

Mix butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Heat in microwave for 15 seconds. Spread over rolled out dough. Sprinkle nuts and raisins over dough. Starting with the widest end, roll dough into a tight log. Cut with dental floss into 1/2" to 1" slices. Place in a greased 9x13 inch pan and an 8x8 inch pan. Allow rolls to rise 25-35 minutes. Bake at 350ยบ for 17-23 minutes, watching carefully.

Frosting:
1 (3-4oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 C. butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. salt

Verdict: They were super easy and faster than my normal cinnamon rolls. We liked them they were very good. But if I have the time to make my normal ones I will do those. But I will make these again! Enjoy

5 comments:

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

Yum, Yum I can't wait to try this out!

JO said...

mmmmmm......my mouth is watering. I can't wait to try this.

Shelli said...

Okay, Tia, these look and sound fabulous. What an interesting recipe! Can't wait to give them a try! See you!

Sara said...

look at my blog!

Emily J. said...

Those look so yummy!! I am starving right now and that did not help me any :)